Solid Waste & Recycling Site
Solid Waste & Recycling Site Regulations
- The service is for the City of Menomonie residents only.
- A current solid waste permit must be displayed on your mirror. Residential permits are available at the solid waste and recycling site, please ask the attendant for details.
- Request a permit via our Solid Waste Permits page.
- The City reserves the right to inspect all wastes. Residents found to be in violation of City Solid Waste regulations are subject to a $500 fine per city code.
Acceptable & Unacceptable Items at the City Solid Waste & Recycling Site
- Household trash (bagged and placed in the compactor)
- Recyclables (no need to sort, all recyclables can be mixed together)
- Cardboard, Paperboard (pasta, cereal, cracker boxes, etc), and Brown Paper Bags (flatten all materials)
- Mixed Paper, Magazines and Newspaper
- Number-1 Plastic Bottles and Jars (empty, rinse, and replace cap)
- Number-2 Plastic Bottles and Jugs (empty, rinse, and replace cap)
- Number-5 Plastic Tubs and Containers (empty, rinse, and replace lid)
- Glass Bottles and Jars (empty, rinse and remove metal caps)
- Aluminum Cans (empty and rinse)
- Steel Cans (empty and rinse, labels are okay)
- Carpet and Padding (Fees apply)
- Furniture (Fees apply)
- Used Oil and Oil Filters
- Yard Waste
- Scrap Metal
- Concrete, bituminous, masonry, and brick
- Construction Materials
- Freon Appliances (Refrigerators, Freezers, Dehumidifiers, etc)